Before you go in space to mine asteroids, make sure you have your mining turret equipped. Also notice that there are special ships that can mine more cargo than others, if you use a fighter ship and you equip it too much you won't have much cargo space left. You can also go in space with a group of players that can protect your mining ship too if you feel that you can't go on your own.
Reminder: Press "J" to ping and hold "K" to scan and identify.
Let's describe the whole Mining journey.
- 1.Go to the Space Agent at the Space Station.
- 2.Press "F" to interact with the Space Agent console.
- 3.Select the ship you want to use in space. (Remember to have a mining turret equipped)
- 4.At the right you have the "Zones" panel, there you can see the available zones for your ship, and the minerals you can find.
- 5.Join your preferred zone and find asteroids, then get closer to them and make sure you have your mining turret "Secondary Weapon" selected.
- 6.Press "J" key to ping and reveal asteroids that contain minerals.
- 7.Get a bit more closer to the minerals you just found, and hold "K" key to scan and identify the minerals. (you can also repeat the last step of pressing "J" key to ping again if you can't find any mineral by going through the asteroids of the map)
- 8.After the mineral is identified, you can use the "right click of your mouse" and extract the minerals.
- 9.Hit the markers with your laser to improve mining (you will mine faster)
- 10.Your mining tool can overheat and you can use "Space" to avoid it so it can keep functioning properly. You need to press "Space bar" to remove the heat. First check the red bar, that will tell you if your turret is overheating too much, you can notice a red bar that fills up in red color and if it crossed the middle of it, means that your turret is close to overheat, then you know when is the right time to press "Space bar"
- 11.After pressing "Space bar" key A blue bar, a yellow line and a white arrow will appear and you will need to quickly press "Space bar" key again once the white arrow is under the yellow line to avoid your turret to overheat, if you miss, your turret will overheat for a few seconds until is back to normal again. When avoiding turret overheating you can mine faster.
- 12.If done properly, you'll find the red bar indicator empty again.
- 13.After you fill up all your cargo space, you can find the exit to the space station, remember that if you die or run out of fuel, you'll lose all your cargo. You will find your collected resources at the "Hangar".